Humans have pores on their skin, all over the body. It’s very normal as they help the body perspire secrete oil. It keeps the skin hydrated and nourished. These pores are normally not visible by the naked eye until they are very open. That’s when these become a problem. Open pores can be caused by a lot of things such as genetics, stress or even hormonal changes. They affect skin’s appearance, causing it to look rough and uneven. Since they enlarge and become open, they also produce excess oil which creates the problem of oily skin. This lets the impurities settle down and clog those pores and thus causing the problems of blackheads, acne, and clogged pores.
Therefore, we bring you easy 5 Best DIY Face Packs for Open Pores, which you can add in your skin care routine to get rid of those unhealthy pores!
Gram flour and Yogurt face pack
Gram flour helps in cleaning out the pores and removing any impurities from them. This makes it easier for yogurt to moisturize and tone the pores. This remedy is very easy and effective to shrink open pores if practised regularly.
- Gram flour: 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt: 2 tablespoons
- Mix the yogurt and gram flour to make a lump-free paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Keep it on until it dries, or for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Use this remedy twice a week.
Lemon and Honey face pack
Lemon juice has astringent properties that shrink the pores and makes your skin tight. It makes your skin look younger and healthier. Honey has antimicrobial properties that clean out the pores and moisturizes it.
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon
- Mix honey and lemon juice to form a paste.
- Massage using this mixture in a circular motion for about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep it on for another 5 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
Green tea and Egg face mask
Egg white helps in tightening the skin which eventually shrinks the pores. Green tea has antioxidants that help in removing the toxins from the skin and help in soothing skin irritation.
- Green tea powder: 1 tablespoon
- Egg white: 1 egg
- Water: as required
- Flour: 2 tablespoons
- Mix the green tea with water and keep it aside.
- Blend the egg white with flour and add it to green tea. Mix well.
- Apply for 15 minutes and rinse with plain water.
- Repeat twice a week.
Oats and Rosewater face pack
Oats help in maintaining the skin texture and rose water helps to shrink the pores.
- Oats: 2-3 tablespoons, powdered
- Rose water: few drops
- Water: as required
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply for 15 minutes and rinse with plain water by scrubbing it off the face.
- Apply it twice or thrice a week.
Papaya & Honey face pack
Papaya has enzymes that unclog the pores and make them shrink. Honey will moisturize the skin.
- Papaya: 4-5 pieces cut in small cubes
- Honey: few drops
- Mash the papaya and add honey to it, mix well.
- Apply this paste for 10 minutes and rinse with plain water.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week.